Welcome to IDS

Come take a look at Watertown High club where students go to relax and rejuvenate

Dylan Fulton, Raider Times Staff

If you’re reading this, then congratulations, you have survived the first month of school. You have found your classes, made new friends, and, for freshmen, explored the school.

This is the Home Base of the IDS Club, where students meet before school, during lunch, and after school. You can find this room on the third floor right next to the main staircase.

Now that you’ve completed the school “tutorial,” let’s get to work.

Get to class, complete your work, wolf down your lunch, run to sports practice, and then end the day with an hour of homework — for each class. Don’t forget to wake up early for the next day of school!

For those of you who are just entering high school, it’s insanely busy. The work and extracurriculars just pile up, and it doesn’t help if you don’t like your classmates/teammates, or even the activity itself. Too much work for too little enjoyment.

Don’t worry, there’s a club here at Watertown High School that’s perfect for relaxing and socializing. Head home to IDS Home Base.

Quick question, who here likes “Seinfeld”? Remember that episode where the title character described his show idea, “The Jerry Show,” as “A show about nothing”? Well, IDS is a bit like that. IDS doesn’t have any grand theme, not a sports club, theatre group, or science class. Instead, IDS gives the average student a place to rest, chat, and have fun with others.

When does IDS meet? Well, there are no meetings in the traditional sense. Instead, the IDS room, located on the third floor, next to the center stairway, is open before school, after school, and during all three lunch periods. Most members prefer to eat their lunches there, as a quieter alternative to the cafeteria. IDS is not open during other periods of the day, so you can’t just hang out there if you have a study. No teacher in IDS means no student in IDS, simple.

IDS does offer some fun opportunities, however. One of the major events is the monthly game nights, where students play and compete in video and board games. This year, the leaders of IDS are seeking to expand the types of events, including movie nights, karaoke, and other such get-togethers. Occasionally, IDS will schedule field trips, which are not during school hours, to events, concerts, and conventions in the area.

Membership is free, and simple to do. Just sign a waiver agreeing to the rules, and you’re in. You can bring your friends in, too, but you are responsible for their actions, so beware.

It’s a wonderful club with welcoming members, so come on down. There are people of many different interests, so you’re bound to make a few good friends.

Just head on up, sit down, and have a few conversations with the members, you’ll love it.

–Nov. 9, 2015–